Bookmakers by Ratings 2023
Take a look at our ranking of the best bookmakers by rating. Our list with leading betting sites is compiled taking two factors into account. The first one is the rating we have given the bookies based on in-depth and unbiased research. The second is the ratings given by real players who have an account at these sites.
What are the criteria we use when giving the bookmaker a rating?
Silentbet.com prides itself on bringing only high-quality reviews covering the best betting sites operating around the world. Apart from writing detailed analysis and overview of the bookmakers, we also give them a rating. What we take into consideration when evaluating the brands are the following factors. The finals score is calculated based on the star rating of these characteristics.
- Design & Navigation – We rate the site with a score between a 0 and a 10 based on its functionality, user experience and overall structure.
- Bonuses – For an honest evaluation we compare the signup offers for new customers as well as other regular promotions for existing players who have an account.
- Odds – When we research the sportsbooks, we always focus on the odds for pre-match and in-play events. Prices of the markets play a crucial role in the rating assessment.
- Live bets – Not only do we look at the wagers you can place on live sporting events but we also look at the range of markets.
- Cashout – Every bookmaker is aware that options such as Cash Out are sought after by punters around the world. So it is crucial that they can offer a variety of functions, including partial and automatic cash out.
- Mobile Version & App – A full score of 10/10 goes to bookmakers that have developed stand-alone mobile betting apps for the most common operating systems, such as Android, iOS and Windows. We also evaluate highly those operators with optimised mobile versions of their sites.
- Online Casino – There is hardly any bookie that does not roof an online casino or a live casino under its roof. Thus, we also rate the casino games, such as slots and table games with live dealers.
- Customer Support – It is often the case that punters need assistance. Therefore, a professional and speedy support team that is ready to answer any queries is essential. We rate the customer care that offers a live chat 24/7, email support and free phone very highly.
How can we tell a bookmaker is reliable?
Here are the top signs that will help you discern reliable bookmakers you can trust and register with. These tips will allow you to tell which bookie is legit and which is a scam. Take a closer look so you can come up with a plan on choosing the best betting sites for you.
All bookmakers with high ratings operate over various jurisdictions. They are 100% legit and hold a valid license to prove it. We strongly recommend that you make sure that the betting site is regulated on a regular basis. Check for licensed bookmakers in your country. Another aspect worth mentioning is their security levels. A high-rating bookie will have taken all precautionary measures to ensure the safety of the personal and banking data of their customers.
The older a betting site is, the better. Similarly to good wine, bookmakers just get better with age. So if you come across a brand that has been decades in the making, you shouldn’t be surprised that they enjoy good reputation and high rating. Plus, if a company has survived so long in this saturated market, this speaks volumes of its quality.
Starting with the basics like an SSL certificate and state-of-the-art firewall, any bookie with a good rating also employs different RNGs, co-operates with only the best odds and software providers and promotes responsible gambling at all costs. Thus, functions like self-limits and time-off are a common sight.
Focusing on deposit and withdrawal options is a good sign of a bookie deserving better ratings. At the same time, banking is an area that needs special attention as it deals with lots of sensitive information. So the bookmakers with higher traffic are those that offer a variety of internationally recognised payment options. These include but are not limited to bank and card transfers, e-wallets and cryptocurrencies.
It is easiest to see if a bookie is trustworthy by looking up real players’ reviews online. That way, betting sites that never limit their winning players and do not delay withdrawals come into focus.
What are the warning signs of scam bookies that we should avoid?
It is important to know which betting sites are legit, but it is much more important to know whether a betting site is a scam! The following signs are there to warn discerning punters who are cautious with their betting endeavours. So without further ado, please pay attention to these alarming tendencies innate to scam betting sites.
An alarming sign you should note is a signup bonus that is extremely high. When it is too good to be true, it most definitely isn’t true at the majority of times. So if a too generous welcome bonus comes with too easy to meet wagering requirements or no terms and conditions at all, beware!
It is often the case that scam bookmakers do not support bank transfers for deposits. They stick to e-wallets payments only or to crypto currencies. Thus, tracking your payment comes close to impossible. Other blacklisted bookmakers delay payments or just refuse to cash out your winnings.
If you are bombarded with promotional emails, text messages or phone call, then you must reconsider betting on this site. A bookmaker with high rating wouldn’t become a nuisance, but blacklisted bookmakers are known to fall in such extremes.
This offensive way of advertising a betting brand is not something new, but professional bookmakers tend to stick to ads on reliable and well-known sites. If you see a shady pop-up ad on a shady site, these should set an alarm! Do not register an account just because you randomly clicked on a pop-up window without making your research.
Some shady betting sites have a low rating and then suddenly appear to deserve a 5/5 or a 10/10. Such an unnatural serge is possible either if they have hacked another site or if they have bribed their way into the top.
Do we consider real players’ ratings and reviews when rating the bookmakers?
Of course, as much as we take our rating into account, the same goes to the reviews and evaluation of our readers. What we do is provide a way for readers to post their comments and rate the bookmakers themselves! Thus, we provide a realistic overall rating for all betting brands that Silenetbet.com features in its reviews!